Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A is for Arts Integration!


 
Arts Integration!
Don't take it from me...take it from the US Department of Education!  This short video shares many examples of arts in action.  Our school is adding Arts Integration to our STEM model to create STEAM.  We are in the beginning stages of planning for next year but I thought I show you where we are starting.
 
Websites for Training and Lessons

 
 
 
 


Education Closet is a great website for professional development, lesson planning, and assessments.
 


Some of the projects that are in the works include:
  • Sunflowers from Van Gogh - in our Plants Unit
  • Breezy Energy - in our Wind Unit
  • Reading the Art
Another great resource that we are using to help us plan comes from the Kennedy Center in Washington DC.  The website is called "ArtsEdge".
           There are 28 different themes based on social studies, math, science and literacy. 
 
            We have found lessons that use print art, photographs, dance, music and more!
 

 
 
I can't wait to share with you some of the student work this year...until then, I leave you with two of my favorite paintings.  It is impossible to use art work from the real Van Gogh on a blog, so I have found some children's art work that is based on Starry, Starry night and Sunflowers.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment