Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Be a Nature Detective....

woodland log book
I am a huge fan of taking kids outdoors...as a child, I spent many ideas wandering in the woods, chasing fairies and bunnies, dreaming of a magical world.  I've watched my own sons play for hours in the sand, running barefoot in the grass and catching fireflies at dusk.  Quite frankly, our kids need to turn off the machines and get outside!!!

Since summer is coming up, you may be looking for some good ideas to get outside.  The best resource I have found is from the United Kingdom...Nature Detectives. 

You can find all kinds of downloads there for FREE!  You can get tree identification sheets, activities for each season, minibeasts (insects and other small animals), ticklists (which are like lists of items you see in the woods), notebook sheets for observation, scavenger hunts, pond dipping, etc... the list goes on and on! 

Enjoy the woods...and get outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment