Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Meet the Turtle

Squirtle...


Today was the day that we brought in the turtle.  I had former students come to meet him as well as current and possibly future students.  My dear, sweet husband helped me set it up in the classroom where I posted a few notes to the kids, placed a brochure and children's book for them to read as well as an adorable mini pillow pet turtl I couldn't resist! 

Critters in the Classroom has a wonderful pdf available that gives great suggestions about how to get a pet, what responsibilities you will need to be ready for as well as ways to introduce the pet to the classroom.  I downloaded the Classroom Pet Rules to have up and ready on the wall from the first day.








Next, I had a poster that gave a little bit of infomation about our turtle.  I knew they would have a million questions so I tried to answer as many important ones as I could.  Besides, the information is there to show class visitors and to reread throughout the day. 
                       What do you think?  Any suggestions? I love to hear from you all...







3 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of class pets! We have two bettas in my science classroom...Mr. Awesome and Juliet Fruit Punch...they're great and the kids really enjoy it! Congrats on your newest addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome! I am going to be a first year middle school science teacher and I have a turtle at home who I have been debating about bringing into my future classroom! Definitely going to now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the turtle may need a little more water

    ReplyDelete